Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The Beginning of a Blog

My life is fascintaing. It needs its own blog. My life is full of heros and battles and adventures.

The characters in my adventurous life are my family: parents and sisters and neices and nephew and cousins and aunts and grandfather and uncles and I have close unique individual realtionships with each one.
(My nephew, Alex and I skiing in New Mexico)

Some of my adventures are with myself... for example, I am trying to write a novel. I am taking creative writing classes, but I find that anytime I think that I wrote something good, I clam up in cold fear. As Nelson Mandela said, "It is not our darkness, but our light that frightens us." I will keep fighting and try to overcome.



I am in search of a bit of land. I have searched far and wide and I know that somewhere, there is a small bit of land, secluded but convenient with a few beautiful trees and soil ready for gardening. I know this land is just waiting for me to find it, and when I do, I will build the most beautiful magical little cottage out of mud (cob).

And lastly, I am waiting for my love. He is so far away and has been for a long time and I am waiting for him. It is so difficult to live with a heart that is beating in two places. His visa was already rejected once. I will think it such an unfair atrocity if silly lines and silly badges will threaten to prevent him from seeing the others I love and the place that created me. If all fails, we will gather us in Mexico.


(Jayda, Jayme and I working on our new beach cabin)

No comments: