Saturday, May 19, 2007

Northern California

We are staying with Blake and Carla in Stockton, California. Blake and Carla and I are all Aunts/uncle of Jayda, so it is good to spend time together: probably we will know each other our whole lives.

Before being here, we were in San Fransisco. My dad told me when I was about 12 that I belonged in Northern California.(He had fond memories from hitchiking there with the other flower children). I could live in San Fransisco very easily: it's international, green, beautiful buildings, good food. It looked like a little toy town, modelled after a European city: the buldings were narrow and tall, all in a row, painted pink and tan and green. We stayed with an old friend of Peep's named Tony, from Indonesia. I am glad to know him because he is a very sweet fellow, and through his own sad stories of corporate imprisonment and failed international romances, he was giving us advice.

The winding ocean road that lead us to San Fransisco (Hwy 1) invited us to camp inside aredwood grove near a waterfall and showed us fat lazy seals on the cold grey sand below. It was awesome.

Today we will chat some more with the californai Bombens (we have learned so much already about wine and hospitals and the world), then we will drive our tired but loyal Sally to the Yosemite National Park, where we hope to get lost for at least a few days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, Sarah! Just popped in to your blog for the first time since your first post. It's great to read about your adventures! I also read Peep's blog, which is great, too! When you're going through Colorado, maybe you want to pass through Colorado Springs and see my family. I know (well, think) my mom would love to host you, or at least take you to lunch and show you around. There's some great nature-ish places around where they live...
Hugs and well wishes on your travels!
Sabrina